Are you aware of changes to the Employment Relations Act and Holidays Act passed by Parliament last week?
Most changes come into effect on 1 April 2011.
Key changes to the Employment Relations Act include:
- Extending the 90-day trial period to cover all businesses
- Improving personal grievance processes
- Retention of employment agreements
- Union access to workplaces
- Role and powers of labour inspectors
Key changes to the Holidays Act include:
- The option to cash-in up to one week of annual leave
- The option to agree to transfer the observance of public holidays
- Proof of sickness or injury
Keep up-to-date on what’s happening by reading our emails like this one and visiting our website.