‘Whakamana te Tiriti o Waitangi – Elevate and celebrate the Treaty of Waitangi’ 3-10 February 2012
Auckland Library is seeks to enlighten and educate the Tiriti o Watangi this year. They are planning a series of seminars from 3-10 February which takes a special look at their unique heritage and research collections – bringing to the fore specialist librarians and rich resources. Highlights will include educational tours of the research centres, thought-provoking children’s activities and informative displays connecting visitors to the Library’s Maori collections – They have over 60,000 items in these regional collections.
There are FREE seminars on topical issues across the region. These include:
- Exploring Pakeha Identity in Aotearoa/New Zealand
- Foreshore and Seabed – what’s all the controversy about?
- The Treaty and the Constitution – an informed analysis of the issues
- The Treaty – what’s it all about? (An introductory session)
There is also a Whakapapa session at 12-1pm on Wed 8th of Feb in the Whare Wananga, Level 2, Auckland Central City Library presented by Margaret Ngaropo (Pou Kohinga Matua) of the Central Auckland Research Centre as part of the Family History Lunchtime series. She will also take you on a tour of the research centre at the conclusion of her talk.
- Please see the Library website http://www.aucklandlibraries.govt.nz/EN/Pages/home.aspx for further details.