Submissions to the Maori Affairs Select Committee Inquiry into the Social Determinants of Wellbeing close on 16 March 2012.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to advocate for high level changes in favour of Maori children and young people. Every Child Counts urges you to make a submission. Details about the inquiry and how to make submissions can be found at:
Every Child Counts has developed guidelines for organisations making submissions. Key messages from the paper attached are:
- We need as many submissions as possible!
- The inquiry gives us an opportunity to advocate for legislative and policy change;
- We need strategies to deal with Maori whanau who are at risk;
- In the long term we need to lift Maori children out of poverty;
- Current measures are inadequate – we need new Maori measurements of wellbeing;
- Solutions must be kaupapa Maori-based.
Please contact me if you have any questions about the Inquiry.
09-376 8378, 021 406 031