The Auckland Council is looking for graduates to help make Auckland the world’s most liveable city.
Auckland Council’s Graduate Programme aims to support talented Aucklanders as they launch their careers and grow into future leaders and specialists. With over 80 areas of business and the chance to work on large-scale projects, they want to see you achieve your goals while making a real difference in shaping Auckland!
Why choose Auckland Council? Within the Graduate Programme you’ll have a support team every step of the way including a mentor, buddy and a graduate network to help you succeed. This programme also offers:
- Experience working on large-scale projects that are shaping Auckland
- Rotations across a number of business areas in your chosen area of work
- Career development and advancement tailored to accelerate your growth and learning
- Hands-on experience across a range of specialities
- Exciting and meaningful work where you have the opportunity to find your niche
What roles are available? Auckland Council is currently advertising roles for the following departments:
- Arts, Community & Events (ACE)
- Civil Defence
- Communication and Engagement
- Community Facilities
- Customers Service
- Democracy Services
- Environmental Services
- Information Services
- Local Boards
- Panuku Development Auckland
- Parks Sport and Recreation
- People and Capability
Want more information on each of these positions and what they offer? Visit: www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/graduates
The Auckland Council Graduate Programme is between 2-4 years depending on the business area. All graduates at Auckland Council are permanent employees so your future is bright with us after you finish the programme.
Are you eligible to apply? You must have the following:
- Be eligible to work in New Zealand, or eligible to apply for a Post-Study Work Visa
- Hold a relevant Bachelor degree or postgraduate qualification obtained in the last two years, or be a current student graduating before February 2017.
Applications for the 2017 Auckland Council Graduate Programme close at 10.30pm on Thursday 11 August 2016. The online application features specific questions designed to help you showcase how great you are.
If you are passionate about Auckland and the communities that make it a vibrant place to live, apply now!