Tamaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum’s stories. An opportunity exists for one full-time Collection Manager Human History to join the Museum for a fixed term period of one year at an exciting time of redevelopment and renewal. The Museum may consider Job Sharing opportunities.
This position is part of the wider Collection and Research directorate and is one of the team responsible for the expert physical care, processing and documentation of the Pacific and Archaeology collection. This position will provide access to collections through hosting visitors, responding to enquiries and contributing to exhibitions, public programmes and collections online. This position may also provide support for the Pacific Access Project as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A high level of knowledge and experience working with Pacific Ethnology and/or Archaeology collections
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills with a strong work ethic
- Experience in collection management databases, cataloguing processes, packing and handling of objects in a museum environment
- A Museum Studies Diploma, Degree or other relevant Degree
- A current and full driver’s license
- An ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, holidays and/or weekends as required
- Understand the principles of equal opportunities, diversity management and the Treaty of Waitangi as they relate to the Museum environment
This role is as varied as the working environment and will require enthusiasm, hard work and flexibility. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this fixed term position.
Applications will close soon: 17 October, 2017 at 5.00pm
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 11410.