Based in the Tairāwhiti region, Rua Bioscience is committed to developing the highest quality cannabinoid-based pharmaceutical products for the global healthcare industry.
With a strong focus on quality, sustainability and innovation, Rua is a leading voice in our industry and was the first company in New Zealand to receive a licence to cultivate medicinal cannabis. Our reputation is built on the passion of our people, a genuine desire to create positive change in the unique communities we work with, and a commitment to improving the lives of people with serious health conditions.
Based at our brand new cultivation facility in Ruatorea, the Cultviation Supervisor will oversee and assist in daily operations related to cannabis cultivation. You will be part of a close-knit team that work systematically to produce the highest quality product for our customers.
- Work closely with the Cultivation Manager to execute on assigned grow operations and projects.
- Oversee and direct the activities of growing technicians.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements and company policies and practices.
- Perform cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, waste disposal, inspect crops, and inventory management.
- Ensure compliance with cultivation SOPs, and nutrient regiments
- Track environmental factors and record data to provide to the Cultivation Manager.
- Maintain a clean, hygienic, organised and safe work environment.
- Assist with water, media, and solution sampling and testing procedures.
- Maintain accurate daily activity records and operation logs.
- Contribute and improve upon already-existing operations and processes to improve work-flow, efficiency, and provide constructive feedback and recommendations.
- Be available for rostered on call work including weekends, nights and public holidays.
What you will bring:
- Proven experience in horticulture, agriculture, agronomy or related field;
- 3+ years experience in a relevant supervisory role;
- Understanding of pest and disease management techniques;
- Tech savvy and experience with automated agricultural equipment;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Experience and knowledge of industry compliance requirements;
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- Become part of the rapidly growing, innovative medical cannabis industry in New Zealand.
- Great people and a fantastic work environment! When you join our team, you become part of the Rua whanau.
- Opportunities for growth and development: We develop our people and promote from within.
- Flexibility: We are whanau friendly and we want our staff to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Fun! We work hard so we think it’s important to make time to celebrate our successes too.
Offers of employment are subject to the satisfactory outcome of a criminal conviction check and a pre-employment medical check including a drug test.
Please include a cover letter and updated CV with your application.
Rua Bioscience is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and building a culture that values diversity and inclusion; one that celebrates peoples’ unique backgrounds and qualities and enables everyone to reach their full potential.
For more information, please click here: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/50989831?type=standout&fbclid=IwAR2sQaTL3uyK7CFr-8vgsmvFB5vU1AEkAaGzs9ijB75jjzoBCv1GO7DPlwc#searchRequestToken=827b6838-870b-4673-8015-43f7e8816f2a