- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 84 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 104 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 119 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 134 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 136 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 136 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 137 days ago
Maori Land online website redesigned
The Maori Land Court website was redesigned last year and recently enhanced to include geographic information mapping. The underlying purpose of this site is to provide an online resource to search for land interests, block information, trust/reservation/incorporation information and memorial schedule entries. A further enhancement is that the information is updated as changes are entered by the Court.
- Therefore, check out the site at – http://www.maorilandonline.govt.nz/
The underlying mapping is from Google – there are four types of map views which can be selected by checking the ’ + ‘ symbol in the right hand corner of the map (a drop down box will appear):
- Streets Map – standard street map;
- Physical Map – elevation & topography map;
- Hybrid – street map with any available satellite/aerial images;&
- Satellite – satellite/aerial images.
Selected information is able to be printed in portable document(PDF) format.
A Help Guide is accessible by selecting the ‘?’ in the right hand corner of the page.
Please note the disclaimer which highlights that the site is a work in progress and that there may be cases that parcel information (Maori freehold block maps) may be displayed incorrectly, in the wrong locale or not displayed at all.
Comments and technical enquiries about the site can be directed to email@example.com
The site’s home page provides ‘CONTACT US’ details, if you would like to seek further assistance from a local Maori Land Court Registry office.