- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 112 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 133 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 148 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 163 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 165 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 165 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 166 days ago
Real science for NZ’s brightest budding biologists
The LENScience Senior Biology Seminar Series connects world-leading scientists with Year 13 biology students throughout New Zealand for regular curriculum-linked seminars.
The interactive e-learning experience is broadcast via video conferencing and multicast on KAREN to the National Education Network (NEN), and over satellite television. “We’re facing a global shortage of science graduates just when we need them most, KAREN is helping us to turn the problem around,” says Jacquie Bay, Director LENScience. For more, you can read the Growing the next generation of scientists case study. See the LENScience website for the schedule of seminars for 2011.
Get your copy of this case study
These case studies are available as A4 pdfs for you to download. You can find the full list of case studies on our publications page. We also have printed copies of KAREN case studies on hand and available for you to use. Simply contact us and we can send them to you.
LENScience outreach: KAREN spotlight #5
KAREN inspires NZ’s young, talented scientists by connecting teachers and students with world-leading medical researchers through the LENScience programme.