- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 81 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 102 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 117 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 132 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 134 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 134 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 135 days ago
Tribal Rugby Festival 2011, Rotorua
A Three Day Festival Event Celebrating Maori Rugby, Culture, Arts & Cuisine
FREE – Village green 10am till 3pm
Join us to compete and enjoy some great Rugby focussed activities. Try ki-o-rahi with Buck Shelford, test your rugby skills or
learn the haka.
12th October – MANAAKITANGA – Maori Food & Wine Evening
Rotorua Convention Centre 5pm till 11.30pm
Only $30 each – including entry, festival glass and complimentary drink.
TASTE …the unique flavours of NZ, from succulent kawakawa chicken to wild harvest surf clams.
ENJOY…wine from two of NZ’s best Maori vineyards & a range of NZ beers
SHARE…the evening with former Maori All Blacks including Buck Shelford and Hika Reid
RELAX and be entertained by Russell Harrison and other top NZ performers
13th October – STREET PARTY
Kia Ora Celebrate
FREE – Lakeend Tutanekai Street 4pm till 10pm
Be part of Rotorua’s biggest Street Party. Featuring Cornerstone Roots, Rio Hemopo, Major and other local entertainers
including kapahaka, street performers and community groups.
Visit the Maori market featuring traditional and contemporary Maori arts and crafts.