- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 82 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 103 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 118 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 133 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 134 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 134 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 135 days ago
Top 6 Te Arawa teams to go to Nationals (Te Arawa Regionals)
Please note these are unofficial votes. The official votes will be announced soon.
The winners of today’s Te Arawa Reginal Kapa Haka comps were as follows:
- Tuhourangi-Ngati Wahiao
- Te Matarae i Orehu
- Nga Uri o Te Whanoa
- Nga Potiki a Hinehopu
The Te Arawa Regional Kapa Haka competition have showcased the traditional-contemporary performing arts, presented by the tribal groups of Te Arawa region.
This prestigious competition saw the groups competing for the honour to represent Te Arawa at the Te Matatini National Kapa Haka competition in 2013.
Te Matatini is the world’s largest celebration of Maori Performing Arts. Kapa Haka groups from all over Aotearoa and Australia compete for the “best of the best” crown, in the traditional performance disciplines of Haka, Poi and Waiata.
- Kia ora to our Ninja – Vanessa Kururangi for passing on those scores.
Tickets were on sale at Ticketmaster and in the Rotorua Convention Centre.