- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 88 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 108 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 123 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 139 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 140 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 140 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 141 days ago
Taika’s gonna be a papa!
(NZHerald Online) Taika Waititi has confirmed he is to become a father for the first time.
The acclaimed Kiwi director also said he was considering making a sequel to his 2010 hit Boy, the top-grossing Kiwi movie of all time, in a new interview.Answering questions on an “ask me anything” question-and-answer session on Reddit.com, Waititi said he was hungover from celebrating his partner’s pregnancy.
“I went out last night to celebrate inseminating my female companion so my hands are a tiny bit hungover,” he said.
Babies are awesome! Until they come out.”
Asked if he had considered making a sequel to Boy, Waititi said it was a definite possibility.
“I have considered making a sequel to Boy but thought I might wait for James (Rolleston, the film’s star) to get older, maybe when he’s 18 or something.”
Waititi is in America promoting the US release of Boy.