- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 81 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 101 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 116 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 131 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 133 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 133 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 134 days ago
Who’s your parenting hero?
Breastfeeding NZ has launched a competition asking Kiwis to nominate their parenting heroes, the people who were there when it mattered.
There are many unsung heroes in our communities, and their stories are an inspiration. From grandparents looking after children when mum and dad can’t, to parents bringing up children on their own, to families with children with special needs, to a mum or dad who has always just been there.
If there’s someone you just couldn’t have done without, why not nominate them? It could be your mother, father, grandparent, brother, sister, uncle, cousin, best friend – or even an organisation that provided much-needed support. All you have to do is upload a photo of your parenting hero to www.facebook.com/breastfeedingnz and say why they are a hero.
The competition runs from 21 April until 13 May, Mother’s Day. You can show your support for all of our parenting heroes by voting online at www.facebook.com/breastfeedingnz.
- Winners will be decided by public vote and announced on 13 May.