- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 88 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 109 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 124 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 139 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 141 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 141 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 142 days ago
Akopai Marae 25th Anniversary Celebrations
Akopai Marae will be celebrating their 25th anniversary between 2nd May at the Karori Campus, University of Victoria.
On the morning of May 2, 1987, the wharenui at Akopai marae was opened under the guidance of tohunga Pateriki Rei (Te Arawa, Ngati Toarangatira), Huirangi Waikerepuru (Tangahoe, Ngati Ruanui, Nga Rauru, Nga Ruahine, Taranaki, Ngapuhi), and Amster Reedy.
This year sees the wharenui enter its 25th year. You are invited to come and celebrate this occasion with the whanau at Akopai, to re-live past memories, and celebrate the many important occasions held at Akopai Marae. There will be a mihi a series of presentations followed by a luncheon. For further details contact Peihana Ruhe Taurima 04 463 9553 (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org