- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 88 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 109 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 124 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 139 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 140 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 141 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 141 days ago
Asset sales hikoi to walk through Rotorua today
(NewsTalkZB) The ‘Aotearoa is not for sale’ hikoi is set to march through Rotorua this morning.
The hikoi set off from the Far North to head to Wellington, to protest the privatisation and selling off, of the countries resources.
The group plans on holding a rally at Rotorua MP Todd McClay’s office around nine this morning, they’ll be marching there from the lake front.
Mr McClay says there’s nothing new about groups protesting outside his office.
“It’s not the first time there’s been a demonstration outside my office. We’ve, as a government, put in place an economic agenda, there are a number of parts to it and it’s important that these people feel they can have their say.”
Mr McClay won’t be in town when the hikoi arrives.