- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 85 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 106 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 121 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 136 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 138 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 138 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 139 days ago
Paakiwaha Promo 7th May 2012
Tena koutou e whakarongo mai nei ki a Paakiwaha.
Paakiwaha is an exciting weekly current affairs programme with a Maori perspective. Paakiwaha is hosted this week by Willie Jackson and broadcast by Radio Waatea with funding from New Zealand on Air.
This week Willie interviews Mihi Puriri who is fighting for custody of her children in Algeria. Other guests include Meatworkers Union spokesperson Dave Eastlake who updates us on the union’s dispute with Talleys Affco; Mike Smith discusses the progress of the Aotearoa Not For Sale Hikoi; Maori Students Associaiton representative Jacqualine Poutu disucsses the implications of the Government’s changes to the student loans scheme; Executive Producer of reality TV show ‘The GC’ Bailey Mackey comments on viewers’ responses to his new show; the head of Te Upoko o Te Ika radio station Wena Tait reports back on the station’s 25th anniversary celebrations and the chairman of Te Ahuwhenua Trust Kingi Smiler profiles the finalists in this year’s Maori Farming competition
Award winning political reporter Duncan Garner comments on various Parliamentary issues and sports commentator Ken Laban provides his sports roundup for the week.
On Radio Waatea (603AM) on Mondays 10am-12pm and on selected iwi and community radio stations
So tune into yet another lively thought provoking and debate packed programme!
or live stream at www.waatea603am.co.nz