- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 86 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 107 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 122 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 137 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 139 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 139 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 140 days ago
Seeking experienced weavers
- Weavers – korari, harakeke, flax. Tai Tokerau, Tamaki Makaurau
The mahi is weaving foolscap size envelope kete with a flap. Weavers will be paid per amount woven.
There is an opportunity to become a part of a collective supplying the conference market, my designs are innovative and fresh.
Weavers will need a good supply of very long back edged flax. Depending on where you are geographically situated I may be able to help you source some.
Weavers will have an internet connected computer. Patterns for the various kete contracts will be available online only.
How to apply
To apply please send details of weaving experience and images of your mahi to email@example.com.