- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 86 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 107 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 122 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 137 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 138 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 139 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 139 days ago
NGATAHI – KNOW THE LINKS (Part Six) WORLD PREMIERE
Ngatahi – Know The Links is a six part rapumentary on street arts and activism amongst native and marginalised people in twenty-two countries.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
6:00pm until 9:00pm
Part six features interviews and footage from Budapest (Hungary), Belgrade (Serbia), Beijing (China), Rio De Janeiro and São Paulo (Brazil). Giving viewers access to expressions, sights and sounds not usually experienced outside of progressive discourse and conscious Hiphop circles.
In production since 2000 and filmed in 22 countries the complete series is over nine hours duration packaged in a six DVD box set (single episodes are also available).
Official selection at Sundance Film Festival 2004 (Festival Cut), part five screened on Maori Television in 2009.
Solidarity, a 23 minute music documentary on Upper Hutt Posse’s visit to the USA as guests of the Nation of Islam in 1990, will also be screened.
Koha / Gold Coin entry