- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 82 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 103 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 118 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 133 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 135 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 135 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 136 days ago
Harawira apologises to the Maori Party
“Looks like an apology is in order” said MANA leader in reference to the Maori Party’s support for the (EEZ) Exclusive Economic Zone and Continental Shelf (Environmental Effects) Bill.
“So when I said that the Maori Party sold their people out on the Marine and Coastal Area Bill, and when I said that they’ve given away Maori rights not just to the foreshore but all the way out to the 200 mile limit by agreeing to this EEZ bill, and when I said the Maori Party was supporting a bill that ignores iwi concerns and makes it easier for big business to go deep sea oil drilling while bypassing major environmental concerns, and when I talk about how the Maori Party went missing in action while Whanau a Apanui was fighting to save their seas from Petrobras, and when I say the Treaty is going to be ignored under this EEZ bill … well, apparently I was wrong about the Treaty”.
“It isn’t going to be ignored. It’s going to be dusted off and wheeled out for a speech from the Maori Party … and then it’s going to be ignored like it always is when government wants to flog off our resources to the overseas rape and pillage brigade”.
“So sorry Maori Party …”
For more information please contact Malcolm Mulholland on 027 765 6380