Exciting Leadership Role
The Treasury is offering an exciting opportunity to an outstanding leader who will contribute to its vision of a world-class organisation that aims to improve the living standards of New Zealanders.
The Deputy Chief Executive plays an instrumental role in ensuring we have the leadership to deliver on this vision. Supporting the Secretary to the Treasury, the Deputy Chief Executive will lift the game for the organisation and set the pace in supporting Ministers to shape New Zealand’s economic future.
The key leadership accountabilities of the Deputy Chief Executive are:
- Supporting, advising and deputising for the Secretary to the Treasury across all aspects of the organisation’s business.
- Driving the Treasury’s strategic direction and organisational performance across all its policy (macroeconomic, economic growth and state sector performance) and operational outcomes.
- Leading the Treasury’s role in central agency collaboration, including the Central Agencies Shared Services function.
- Direct management of the corporate, commercial and financial operations portfolios.
This position will suit an exceptional individual with proven leadership, management and analytical skills, already highly respected for both intellectual and people leadership abilities. The successful applicant will be capable of making an impact quickly, building a wide range of strong relationships in a complex and demanding environment and inspiring Treasury’s people to drive the highest performance at all levels.
Preference will be given to candidates with extensive senior management experience, including within the public sector at a senior level. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in business strategy, legal compliance and risk management, sound understanding of government policy making, reporting and accountability requirements.
- To view a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.treasury.govt.nz/careers
- Please direct all enquiries to: Anne Clews – HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are being received online and close at 5pm Wednesday, 4 July 2012.
- The Treasury values diversity amongst its employees and encourages a positive work life balance.