- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 86 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 107 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 122 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 137 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 139 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 139 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 140 days ago
Morena Aotearoa. It’s a cool morning here in Auckland with the sun slowly crawling up into the light blue sky.
We’re here to attend NetHui 2012, a gathering of IT practitioners, experts, leaders and workers, much like ourselves, in a unified effort to learn and to share, to promote and to challenge, to soak up the atmosphere.
TangataWhenua.com will be speaking this afternoon (4pm Weds) on a panel titled “Digital Inclusion” and again tomorrow (10.10am Thurs) on Building Bilingual & Multilingual Content”.
My hope for this gathering is to catch up with friends, to make new connections and to learn new techniques that we can bring home back to Rotorua. We are here to support the IT knowledge of our tribe and also to hear what might be coming down the line over the next few months – in education, in health, in new tools & technology. Should be mean as fun!
More soon …