- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 83 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 104 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 118 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 134 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 135 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 135 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 136 days ago
(Whakaue.org) Te Komiti Nui have almost reached their three year anniversary and are set for the final of three Ngati Whakaue Registered Voting Hui which will see the election of ten Trustees. These representatives will provide governance and direction to see the settlement of all existing historical claims of Ngati Whakaue with the Crown.
They are as follows:
- Anaru Te Amo
- Kingi Biddle
- Hokimatomai Kahukiwa
- Hamuera Mitchell
- Te Kiri Mitchell
- Larissa Wharep?uri
- Paora John Tohi Te Ururangi Tapsell
- Pauline Moana Tangohau
One final hui will be held on 22 July to at 10am to Hurungaterangi Marae, Hona Road, Ngapuna. Two representatives for Ngapuna and the Eastern and South Eastern interests of Ngati Whakaue will be elected completing the election process.
Official results will be published in the Rotorua Daily Post following the final election hui results.
NOTE: Nominations will be taken from the floor on the day.