- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 86 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 107 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 122 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 137 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 139 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 139 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 140 days ago
DUDLEY BENSON ALBUMS RELEASED TODAY IN JAPAN
Golden Retriever Records & HEADZ are proud to announce the Japanese-territory release of Dudley Benson’s two acclaimed albums The Awakening (2008) and Forest: Songs by Hirini Melbourne (2010). Released today by respected independent label HEADZ, Benson joins the label’s few non-Japanese stable of artists including Tortoise, The Sea And Cake, and Oval.
“Dudley’s music is inseparable from the place and environment he grew up in,” says label-head Atsushi Sasaki, “but it can fascinate so many listeners far from there, like in Japan. Above all, its rich and deep take on pop music really impressed me. I’m very privileged to introduce Dudley’s music to Japan.”
The Japanese editions include bonus material: non-album live tracks recorded on their associated New Zealand tours, a Japanese lyric booklet and liner notes by music writer Shino Okamura.