- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 113 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 134 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 149 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 164 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 165 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 165 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 166 days ago
Ka Nui! Enough!
Kia Ora Friends,
In August the New Zealand mining industry is meeting here “to celebrate New Zealand mining and the contribution this important industry makes to the future of the community through science, engineering and economic development.” So we are meeting at the same time here to discuss the huge negative impacts mining has on our economies, communities, and environment and what we are going to do about it.
Ka Nui! Enough!
The extractive industries, including fracking, mining & oil drilling,have huge negative impacts on our economies,communities & environment.
We must move past this in a way that is just for all. Join us to learn more and strategise together.
Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th August, 2012 Rotorua
Speakers: Dayle Takitimu (Te Whanau-a-Apanui) Drew Hutton
(Lock the Gate Alliance Australia), Dr Susan Krumdiek (Canterbury
University) and more . . .
cost: $25 for the weekend or koha on the day.
Registration: to register email your name and contact number to us.
Poster is attached. Please forward this invite widely. And please register asap to support those communities on the frontlines, to learn, to share, and to stratagise.