- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 82 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 102 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 117 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 132 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 134 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 134 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 135 days ago
Call for Maori Language Award entries
Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Maori calls for entries to the Maori Language Awards.
Over the years the awards platform has been enhanced to more effectively acknowledge an array of efforts for the language. So whether your organisation is a relatively new inductee to the world of te reo Maori, or a seasoned battler, provision has been made within the awards format to ensure an extensive range of contributions recognised.
The Maori Language Week theme is Arohatia te Reo
The awards event will be held at the TECT Arena at Baypark in Tauranga on the evening of 16 November. The closing date for applications is 10 August, absolutely no extensions this year. Finalists will be announced early October.
Entry forms and criteria are available from the Korero Maori website at?http://www.korero.maori.nz/news/mlw/awards
Criteria and entry forms
Click on the links below to download the Maori Language Awards application form and the criteria.
Entries close at 5.00pm on Friday 10 August 2012.
Please feel free to contact Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Maori for assistance and advice in filling out the application form. You can call toll free on 0800 6283736 (please ask for a Communications team member), or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Glenis Philip-Barbara: 04 471 6729, 021 471 255, email@example.com