On the United Nations’ International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples, the MANA Movement of Aotearoa has released a scorecard measuring the New Zealand government’s three-year progress against the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. New Zealand agreed to support the United Nation’s Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples on the 20th April 2010, and yet the government has consistently breached both the spirit and the content of the Declaration since that time. In light of this, MANA has sought to present a scorecard of progress against the Declaration to illustrate key breaches.
- Funding available for Maori housing initiatives
- Waikato Tainui Tertiary Grants & Scholarships 2014
- Protest Planned Over Mandatory Vaccine Requirement in New York
- Special Memorial for Nelson Mandela – Rugby Park Hamilton 8.30pm this Sunday
- Hone Harawira to attend tangihanga of Nelson Mandela
- Opening of the Ki-o-Rahi Akotanga Iho Field, Waitangi – Tariana Turia