- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 83 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 104 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 119 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 134 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 136 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 136 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 137 days ago
Maori Language Awards celebrating excellence
Tena koutou katoa,
The Maori Language Awards application deadline has been extended to 5pm, Monday, 20th August, with applications being called for now. “The deadline extension is to allow time for the many new and previous entrants who celebrated te reo Maori across the country this year,” says Glenis Philip-Barbara, Chief Executive of Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Maori (the M?ori Language Commission).
“This was matched with this year’s media promotion. It has been overwhelming with an increase in radio and television coverage and print coverage, including media outlets joining in too,” says Glenis Philip-Barbara. “I encourage all entrants, previous entrants and new-comers to get their Maori Language Award entries in by 5pm, Monday, 20th August”.
“The awards were established to recognise and celebrate the work that people do in support of our nation’s indigenous language all year long and includes a special category for Maori Language Week,” says Glenis Philip-Barbara. The awards’ categories include the private sector, community, local government, broadcasting, print, IT and telecommunications, education, tertiary and Maori Language Week.
The awards criteria and entry form can be found online at www.korero.maori.nz/news/mlw/awards.
The Maori Language Award winners will be announced Friday, 16th November 2012 at the awards evening at the TECT Arena, Baypark, Tauranga.