- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 85 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 106 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 121 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 136 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 138 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 138 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 139 days ago
Call for nominations – National Kaitiaki Group
The Ministry of Health is seeking nominations for the National Kaitiaki Group. The National Kaitiaki Group is a legislative group established under the Health Cervical Screening (Kaitiaki) Regulations 1995. The National Kaitiaki Group meets quarterly and is accountable to the Minister of Health.
The role of the National Kaitiaki Group is to consider applications to access Maori women’s health information held on the National Cervical Screening Register. In considering applications the NKG must give regard to the:
- principle of the sanctity of Te Whare Tangata
- need for culturally appropriate protection for the taonga of protected information
- need to ensure that protected information is used for the benefit of Maori women.
The ideal applicant will have experience and knowledge in the areas of:
- research principles and practice
- the health sector, particularly improving Maori health outcomes and reducing Maori health inequalities
- legislation and regulations
- nga tikanga Maori
- screening practices.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV to anne_o’firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can post CVs to:
Attn: Anne O’Brien
Maori Health Business Unit
Ministry of Health
PO Box 5013
Closing date for all nominations is 5 September 2012.