- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 83 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 104 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 119 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 134 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 135 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 136 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 136 days ago
Premiere of The Prospect by Maraea Rakuraku
THE PROSPECT / Written by Maraea Rakuraku / Directed by Tammy Davis
Te Manawanui pop: 522. Everything you need is here.
Three kids on the cusp of adulthood and a Duchess holding them altogether. An isolated rural predominantly M?ori settlement, 40 minutes from civilisation and an Uncle’s succession plan.
This is the setting for The Prospect that, explores the territory where the lines between gangs and whanau are blurred, communities are left to fend for themselves against an onslaught of violence and intimidation, a baldhead isn’t necessarily a Pakeha and the strength of your whanau is only as strong as each individual member within it.
FEATURING: Tola Newbery, Joe Dekkers Reihana, Moana Ete, Rob Ringiao Lloyd, Ralph Johnson and Grace Hoet.
DESIGN: Wai Mihinui, Jaimee Warda, Karnan Saba and Laurie Dean.
SEASON: 7.30PM / AUGUST 29 – SEPTEMBER 01 2012
VENUE: Gryphon Theatre, 22 Ghuznee St, Te Aro, Wellington
TICKETS: Adults $20 / Concessions $15 / Groups 8+ $12
BOOKINGS: email@example.com / Tickets At The Door / Cash Only
www.tawata.wordpress.com / www.facebook..com/TawataProductions