- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 86 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 107 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 122 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 137 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 139 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 139 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 140 days ago
Travel offered for Ngapuhi Kaumatua/Kuia wishing to attend National Wai Maori Hui
The issue of Fresh water and ramifications that the commodification of this natural resource has had a fair airing in the last twelve months culminating in the Landmark Waitangi Tribunal urgent hearing had in Wellington last month. As one of the iwi Leaders involved in these discussions I have kept the board and indeed our takiwa abreast of what has been developing over the last couple of years.
In discussions with the CEO and Senior management, with both Carol Dodd and I, we will be taking a bus load of K/Kuia to attend the National Hui on this issue called by Kingi Tuheitia of Tainui. The cost of travel will be $10 each. That will include all meals, travel and accommodation.
To that end we ask that if there are any K/Kuia from your Takiwa who wish to travel on the bus leaving Thursday 13th September and returning Friday 14th September, please get their names in to Shelley or Tania Rawiri by Sunday 9th September 2012. We will be seeking to provide a van from Auckland for those who wish to attend from there. There will be a real shortage of seats so the decision on who will travel will be made by both Shelley and Tania. There will be no discussion once that decision is made.
Details of travel arrangements and accommodation will follow but please get those names in NOW. When doing that please provide a contact number so they may be contacting personally. Those who are not on the travelling list will not be allocated a seat so do not promise what you cannot deliver.
Any questions please contact me.