- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 113 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 134 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 149 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 164 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 166 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 166 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 167 days ago
Tuakana Contestable Fund, Auck Uni
The purpose of the Tuakana Contestable Fund is to support Auckland University’s Maori and Pacific postgraduate students or potential postgraduate students who:
. Have been selected to present academic research papers at a national or international conference, wananga, symposium, fono or another related event; and have the support of their academic supervisor.
. Would like to attend their first conference, wananga, symposium, fono or other related event and will not be presenting papers (considered on a case by case basis).
. Are potential postgraduate students in their final year of undergraduate study who wish to attend and/or present at conferences (considered on a case by case basis).
. You will be expected to report on your event experience to the Tuakana Network.
Applicants will ideally be in their last year of undergraduate study or at any stage within their post graduate study.
Apply online here: https://www.forms.auckland.ac.nz/uoa/home
Applications must be received at least 30 days prior to the conference or date of travel.
. Applications close on the 26th of every month (urgent applications received after this date will be considered on a case by case basis).
. Funds awarded can only be used for payment of conference registration, travel and accommodation (incidentals and food will not be covered by this fund).
. Once applications are approved the applicant will book their own registration, accommodation, and travel after which they will submit tax invoices to the Equity Office for payment.
For more information contact Geremy Hema, Te Rarawa, Ngati Paoa, Tuakana
Equity Adviser, (09) 3737599 Ext 84283, Mobile 021 941 749,