- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 86 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 107 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 122 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 137 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 139 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 139 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 140 days ago
New book released by Beatrice Yates
Beatrice Yates (Aunty Bea) launches her new book Hinemoa raua ko Tutanekai (Hinemoa and Tutanekai) on the 14th November at the Rotorua Library 4:30pm.
Hinemoa raua ko Tutanekai is a bilingual children’s story about Beatrice’s ancestors Hinemoa and Tutanekai, a story which is well known throughout NZ.
It is beautifully illustrated by Kat Quin Merewether and the cd compilation by Rodger Cunningham is unique and entertaining.
The cd contains the translated story narrated by Beatrice and Rodger with waiata also by them. Waiata include Pokarekare ana, Hoki hoki and Awhi mai.
This is a superb book bringing to life a well known NZ legend told by a wonderful story teller.
For any further information contact
Beatrice Yates 027 5345954