- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 88 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 109 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 124 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 139 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 141 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 141 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 142 days ago
Street theatre and rally at 8am Monday 3 December, Skycity convention centre.
TPPA — stop gambling our future!
On Monday 3 December the 15th round of negotiations towards the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement (“TPPA”) begins in Auckland.
The TPPA is marketed as a “free trade” treaty, but could more accurately be described as an agreement giving unprecedented new rights to overseas corporations operating in New Zealand — including the right to sue the New Zealand government when our regulations hurt corporate profits.
If the TPPA goes ahead we are risk grave damage to environmental protection, affordable healthcare, intellectual property rights, and much more. Fundamentally, the TPPA will tie the hands of government from acting to protect and grow New Zealand in the 21st century.
Despite enormous implications of the TPPA for New Zealanders, the negotiations are taking place entirely in secret. This Monday 3 December at 8am join us in protest at the start of the Auckland negotiation round. There will be placards, street theatre, and plenty of media coverage.
This is one opportunity to make our voices heard against this toxic corporate power grab.