- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 88 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 109 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 124 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 139 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 141 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 141 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 142 days ago
Ngati Kahungunu Te Reo Strategy Review Hui
The iwi’s Te Reo director Jeremy Tatere McLeod says it’s the first major review of progress since the tribe launched a strategic revitalisation plan in 2006.
He says, given that the week before Christmas people are usually worried about last minute shopping, there was a surprisingly good turnout at hui held in mid-December in Napier and Wairoa.
Mr McLeod says many in Ngati Kahungunu are “hui’ed out”, after what has been a huge year with discussions over partial state asset sales and Maori rights to water taking up a lot of people’s time and energy.
He says the attendance at both hui was a clear signal of the passion iwi members have for the Maori language.
The filliwing hui is coming up to ensure that members of Ngati Kahungunu in all rohe can take part in the strategic revitalisation review for Te Reo.
Te Reo Strategy Review Hui
Ngati Kahungunu Iwi Inc. is currently reviewing The Strategic Plan for the Revitalization of Te Reo o Ngati Kahungunu 2006-2027.
In line with this, they are facilitating several review hui throughout the iwi rohe to allow their members to share their advice and thoughts on the moving forward of the strategy.
The following hui encompass the taurahere within Te Whanganui-a-Tara. All are welcome to come and have a say.
Venue: HRC Conference Room, Vector
Location: Level One, 44 The Terrace, Wellington.
Date: Friday 1 February 2013
3.00pm – Mihi whakatau
3.30pm – Kai
4.00pm – Hui commences
6.30pm – Hui finishes
For further information or to register your attendance (for catering purposes), please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the office on (06) 876 2718 by 12 noon Thursday 24th January 2013