Inspirational role models will join the Minister of Maori Affairs, Hon Dr Pita R Sharples, at the south Auckland launch of an online resource supporting Maori to pursue higher levels of education and training this Thursday (14 February 2013).
An interactive ‘Maori Future Makers’ website profiles and promotes 30 high achievers who are studying, employed or self-employed in primary, knowledge intensive and growth industries – from entrepreneurs and engineers to neurobiologists and nanoscientists.
- business growth expert Travis O’Keefe who won the Supreme Maori Innovation and Entrepreneurial Achievement Icon Award in 2009
- marine scientist Ani Kainamu who works as an aquaculture analyst for the Ministry for Primary Industries in Nelson
- nanoscientist David Herman – a PhD student with the Nanoparticle and Quantum Dot Research Group at Victoria University of Wellington.
Dr Sharples will launch the new website at a south Auckland secondary school – Te Kura Maori o Nga Tapuwae, 253 Buckland Road West, Mangere – at 11.00 am this Thursday (14 February 2013).
For more information including interviews, contact:
- Moana Maniapoto, Director, Black Pearl Limited, on mobile +64 274 714 991 or email@example.com
- Vanessa Bidois, Communications Advisor, on mobile +64 21 928 007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org