- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 88 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 109 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 124 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 139 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 141 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 141 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 142 days ago
Celebration of Kaimoana this weekend.
Preparations are underway in the small seaside settlement of Maketu, ahead of this weekends popular kaimoana festival.
The annual Maketu Rotary Club Kaimoana Festival, now in its sixth year, promises a great celebration of kaimoana this weekend.
Organisers say with fine weather expected on Saturday the event is looking great for the whole whanau with a multitude of activities on offer.
“There will be a wide selection of sumptuous kaimoana accompanied by fine wine and beer at this years festival.” Maketu Rotary Club spokesman David Campbell says.
“We also have a line up of the Bays top bands gracing the stage this year along with break dancers, wind surfers performing in the estuary, paddle boarding for the brave, helicopter rides, and much more.”
“We encourage everyone to come on down and enjoy the kaimoana and a summers day with the whanau in l Maketu.” Mr Campbell said.
The Maketu Kaimoana Festival takes place on Saturday at the Maketu Sports Ground from 12pm.
For ticket and more information visit www.maketukaimoana.co.nz