- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 85 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 106 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 121 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 136 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 138 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 138 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 139 days ago
Phoenix Renata | Skin is In!!
Tips on how to make this season’s fashionable makeup wearable for everyday life
I was lucky enough to head my makeup team for two shows at Sydney Fashion Week recently and saw lots of up and coming trends for 2010. The runway is one of the first places we see trends emerging especially with makeup styles and cosmetic products. Yet often a lot of what we see is so adventurous and out of the norm for general day to day wear, but by ignoring trends all together we miss out on what can be ultra glamorous and flattering makeup advice.
The biggest trend I found was a focus on making skin look beautiful. Follow these tips to create a flawless canvas of skin for your makeup this year.
- For starters foundation needs to be your exact same skin colour. If you can see the product on your face then it is the wrong shade. Foundation should fade right into your skin and be unnoticeable.
- Work with the right tools, avoid your fingers for fear of streak marks and unblended makeup. Opt for a buffer brush or foundation brush (available at most makeup stores). These tools are specifically designed for foundation application and will do all the work for you and get your skin looking perfected in no time.
- Try using liquid foundations for a natural finish – these can often be sheered out with moisturiser or water. Find a liquid foundation that has a glossy texture which will give sheen to your skin, resulting in a healthy appearance.
- Apply a crème concealer over the top of your foundation, this will ensure you use less makeup. Concealer needs only to be applied around your eyes and over any spots or imperfections on your skin. Use your finger to blend in the product pressing it gently onto your face.
- For the ultimate dewy look, finish with a highlighting powder, this is a lighter shade than your skin tone and use one which has a light shimmer in it. Alternatively try using a small amount of clear lip gloss. Place the powder or gloss on your temples, lightly on your forehead and chin.
Think glowing healthy and flawless skin all year around. Foundation and concealer can be your best friend if used correctly. Don’t shy away from facial makeup; if you get your skin looking great, hardly any more makeup is necessary.
By Phoenix Renata
Makeup Artist & Brow Queen
Kia ora whanau – we’d like to welcome PHOENIX to TangataWhenua.com and please check back each month for her awesome Health and Beauty Tips & Advice.