- Tame Iti is free (+photos)Posted 86 days ago
- Lauryn Hill supports Maori Designer at RaggamuffinPosted 106 days ago
- White Island volcanic activity a growing concernPosted 121 days ago
- Maori culture adapting to presence in online mediaPosted 137 days ago
- #IdleNoMore – an Aotearoa perspective | Marama DavidsonPosted 138 days ago
- Ainu Youth use crowdsourcing site to fundraise for trip to visit Maori in AotearoaPosted 138 days ago
- Welcoming in the New YearPosted 139 days ago
Te Matatini tickets available online now!
Tickets for Te Matatini o Te Ra 2011 are on sale now. The Festival runs from Wednesday 16th – Sunday 20th February 2011.
See www.ticketdirect.co.nz (service fees will apply)
Youth rate is $45 for the age groups between 5 year old and 17 years.
Daily rates are available.
See www.ticketdirect.co.nz or call 0800 4 TICKET OR 0800 224 224
Te Matatini Kapa Haka Aotearoa, the national organisation for Maori performing arts excellence will be showcasing kapa haka to the world next year from Gisborne.
Working with the Tairawhiti Cultural Development Trust, tickets for the 19th biennial international Kapa Haka Festival of New Zealand are on sale for Te Matatini o te Ra 2011 (Te Matatini in the East 2011).
An event attracting authentic world-class Maori performances from around the country and Australia, the region will be hosting over 2000 performers and up to 20,000 spectators over four days from 17 – 20 February 2011.
Gisborne will be the destination of choice for local, national and international audiences. Waiohika Vineyard Estate is the perfect outdoor venue as a natural amphitheatre to watch the best kapa haka in the world in amongst lush vineyards.
Waiohika Vineyard Estate is situated 6km west of Gisborne.
Take advantage of the special “Early Early Bird” rate of $45 for four days. Adults at Youth prices! So get in early!
This great price lasts until 30th of November then an “Early Bird” rate kicks in of $65 for an adult for four days. Youth tickets (5 – 17 years) are $45 for a four day pass.
From the 1st of February, the standard rate of $85 for four days applies. Daily rates are available but the best value tickets are through the “Early Bird” packages.
- For more information please go to: www.tematatini.co.nz.
Please note: Once you have purchased your tickets online or via TicketDirect Outlets, bring your tickets to the venue for validation. You will then be given a wrist pass as your entry into the Festival.