Commercial reo projects hold our people to ransom
(by Karaitiana Taiuru) Whereas Papakupu, is a Maori Language Dictionary that consists of headwords from published Maori dictionaries, databases, glossaries and Iwi dictionaries. It is estimated there will be over 150,000 unique headwords with each headword consisting of up to 20 different ...Continue Reading...
Maori representation on ICT boards
(by Karaitiana Taiuru) I have just heard Ernie Newman CEO of TUANZ speak at a Maori ICT conference (of which ironically we had no wireless Internet connection and cell phones were banned). Ernie expressed his vision for Maori and how Maori are creative and should participate more in ICT. Ernie ...Continue Reading...
- Remembering the 150th anniversary of the Battle of O-Rakau (+links)
- Parihaka leg-irons withdrawn after public outcry
- Kainga Tupu Maori Art Exhibition Opening, Melbourne, Friday 4th April, 7pm
- Treasure Rotorua campaign aims for Koutu to be ‘as safe as houses’
- Romiromi Health Clinic this March at Kuirau Marae, Rotorua
- BIG BREAK: our search for the writer of New Zealand’s next great movie