Nga mihi nui mo te tau hou! | Happy New Year!
Nga mihi nui mo te tau hou! Happy New Year! There. Done it. I just said the “automatic-greeting-that-just-slips-out” when you first check in with someone at the beginning of each and every year. Like an unwritten rule that states, if I haven’t seen you since 11.59pm on December 31st then I have ...Continue Reading...
Think with your ♥.net
By Mihiteria King (Te Rarawa and Ngati Pikiao) Kia ora koutou katoa, I am cheating this week. It has been a kind of short week between publications so rather than miss an opportunity of contributing for lack of time; I will share this taonga that came through my email last week. Very timely ...Continue Reading...
In the Beginning . . .
By Mihiteria King (Te Rarawa and Ngati Pikiao) As the story goes, in the beginning there was nothing. Te Kore, the unexperienced nothing so to speak. Then came the night, Te Po, the darkness. It was a time when the heavens lay upon the earth and there was endless darkness. Rangi and Papa, the ...Continue Reading...
- Remembering the 150th anniversary of the Battle of O-Rakau (+links)
- Parihaka leg-irons withdrawn after public outcry
- Kainga Tupu Maori Art Exhibition Opening, Melbourne, Friday 4th April, 7pm
- Treasure Rotorua campaign aims for Koutu to be ‘as safe as houses’
- Romiromi Health Clinic this March at Kuirau Marae, Rotorua
- BIG BREAK: our search for the writer of New Zealand’s next great movie