Maori Greenstone carving gifted to Obama
Aden Hoglund could be Hokitika’s best-kept secret but now that Barack Obama knows his name, word might start to get around. Hoglund, of Ngati Raukawa, has been carving pounamu for 23 years since completing a one-year course. When Prime Minister John Key met the United States President ...Continue Reading...
Taonga Maori exhibit goes to Shanghai Museum
(Source | ODT – Eileen Goodwin) Planning is under way for Otago Museum’s biggest overseas exhibition yet, at Shanghai Museum. The as-yet unnamed exhibition of between 200 and 250 Maori exhibits would be flown to the Chinese city in the middle of this year, although no firm date was ...Continue Reading...
- Hone Harawira to attend tangihanga of Nelson Mandela
- Opening of the Ki-o-Rahi Akotanga Iho Field, Waitangi – Tariana Turia
- Maori Party applauds release of child poverty and hardship measures
- Free Rotorua inner city parking receiving a positive response
- Teke Talk brings wahine voices, spoken word and poetry to Rotorua
- Maori in ICT continue to grow