Maori Greenstone carving gifted to Obama
Aden Hoglund could be Hokitika’s best-kept secret but now that Barack Obama knows his name, word might start to get around. Hoglund, of Ngati Raukawa, has been carving pounamu for 23 years since completing a one-year course. When Prime Minister John Key met the United States President ...Continue Reading...
Taonga Maori exhibit goes to Shanghai Museum
(Source | ODT – Eileen Goodwin) Planning is under way for Otago Museum’s biggest overseas exhibition yet, at Shanghai Museum. The as-yet unnamed exhibition of between 200 and 250 Maori exhibits would be flown to the Chinese city in the middle of this year, although no firm date was ...Continue Reading...
- Remembering the 150th anniversary of the Battle of O-Rakau (+links)
- Parihaka leg-irons withdrawn after public outcry
- Kainga Tupu Maori Art Exhibition Opening, Melbourne, Friday 4th April, 7pm
- Treasure Rotorua campaign aims for Koutu to be ‘as safe as houses’
- Romiromi Health Clinic this March at Kuirau Marae, Rotorua
- BIG BREAK: our search for the writer of New Zealand’s next great movie