Waitangi Day #TeArawaWaka2013
Akinaakina! Hii! Akinaakina! Hii! Such was the powerful call from the Kaihautu (leader) of Te Arawa waka Paora Te Hurihanganui, as he and the crew made its way fromHaruru Falls toward the shores of Waitangi. February 6th 2013, Waitangi Day was an amazing day for Te Arawa. Months earlier, a ...Continue Reading...
“Lily of the Mohawks” becomes first indigenous North American saint
(CTV, Canada) An indigenous woman who is credited with life-saving miracles was canonized Sunday, becoming Canada’s first aboriginal person to become a saint. Kateri Tekakwitha, a Mohawk woman, was among the seven saints canonized by Pope Benedict XVI in St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican, as ...Continue Reading...
- Waikato Tainui Tertiary Grants & Scholarships 2014
- Protest Planned Over Mandatory Vaccine Requirement in New York
- Special Memorial for Nelson Mandela – Rugby Park Hamilton 8.30pm this Sunday
- Hone Harawira to attend tangihanga of Nelson Mandela
- Opening of the Ki-o-Rahi Akotanga Iho Field, Waitangi – Tariana Turia
- Maori Party applauds release of child poverty and hardship measures