In 2014 I would like to see a government that listens to its people by Tiki Taane
In 2014 I would like to see a government that listens to its people. A government that puts its people first as its most valuable asset. I’d like to be able to say that I’m proud of my government & prime minister, and trust that they have our best interests at heart with no ...Continue Reading...
Waitangi Day #TeArawaWaka2013
Akinaakina! Hii! Akinaakina! Hii! Such was the powerful call from the Kaihautu (leader) of Te Arawa waka Paora Te Hurihanganui, as he and the crew made its way fromHaruru Falls toward the shores of Waitangi. February 6th 2013, Waitangi Day was an amazing day for Te Arawa. Months earlier, a ...Continue Reading...
“Lily of the Mohawks” becomes first indigenous North American saint
(CTV, Canada) An indigenous woman who is credited with life-saving miracles was canonized Sunday, becoming Canada’s first aboriginal person to become a saint. Kateri Tekakwitha, a Mohawk woman, was among the seven saints canonized by Pope Benedict XVI in St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican, as ...Continue Reading...
- WIPCE Fundraiser Hangi, Porirua, Sunday 16th March
- MANA set to contest all Maori seats and more
- An Open Statement on the true impact of the non-funding of Nga Pae o te Maramatanga
- Remembering the 150th anniversary of the Battle of O-Rakau (+links)
- Parihaka leg-irons withdrawn after public outcry
- Kainga Tupu Maori Art Exhibition Opening, Melbourne, Friday 4th April, 7pm