Waka denied entry into Queen’s Diamond Jubilee pageant
A traditional waka has been disallowed from taking part in the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee river pageant for fear it may capsize or lose control in strong currents, news outlets are reporting in London. The waka, made by carving out a native tree, was to be used to represent New Zealand in ...Continue Reading...
- WIPCE Fundraiser Hangi, Porirua, Sunday 16th March
- MANA set to contest all Maori seats and more
- An Open Statement on the true impact of the non-funding of Nga Pae o te Maramatanga
- Remembering the 150th anniversary of the Battle of O-Rakau (+links)
- Parihaka leg-irons withdrawn after public outcry
- Kainga Tupu Maori Art Exhibition Opening, Melbourne, Friday 4th April, 7pm