Waka denied entry into Queen’s Diamond Jubilee pageant
A traditional waka has been disallowed from taking part in the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee river pageant for fear it may capsize or lose control in strong currents, news outlets are reporting in London. The waka, made by carving out a native tree, was to be used to represent New Zealand in ...Continue Reading...
- Remembering the 150th anniversary of the Battle of O-Rakau (+links)
- Parihaka leg-irons withdrawn after public outcry
- Kainga Tupu Maori Art Exhibition Opening, Melbourne, Friday 4th April, 7pm
- Treasure Rotorua campaign aims for Koutu to be ‘as safe as houses’
- Romiromi Health Clinic this March at Kuirau Marae, Rotorua
- BIG BREAK: our search for the writer of New Zealand’s next great movie