Completed applications are due at the Ministry of Education National office, 5pm; 17 May 2010.
The Aspire Scholarship provides assistance for low income families towards the costs of private secondary schooling. It will contribute up to $15,000 per year towards the tuition fees of a private school for the duration of a student’s attendance at this school. It will also include a yearly allowance of up to $1,500 for course related costs. The scholarship does not cover boarding fees, and cannot be used at state or state-integrated schools.
The Aspire programme was introduced this year, and over 120 students are now enrolled at private schools with an Aspire Scholarship.
Applications are now open for the 2011 school year for students who will be in year 9 and year 10 in 2011. For more information and to apply, click on the related links below, or email [email protected] [no spam] if you would like the application pack emailed or posted to you.
The Aspire Scholarship is for students from low-medium income families who would like to attend a New Zealand private secondary school. The scholarship contributes up to $15,000 per year for private secondary school fees and up to $1,500 per year for course related costs.
A student is eligible for a 2011 Aspire Scholarship if:
- they will be in year 9 or 10 in 2011
- their primary caregiver(s) have a joint annual gross income of $65,000 or less
- their primary caregiver(s) have a combined net worth of $150,000 or less
- they, or their primary caregiver(s), are not beneficiaries of any trusts (exceptions will be made on a case by case basis)
- they are a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of New Zealand
- an application is received in hardcopy at the Ministry of Education National Office by 5pm on 17 May 2010.