Grant Berghan, Trevor Simpson and Tania Hodges will be facilitating 4 Regional hui next month with Maori Public Health stakeholders.
The hui will be held from 9am to 3pm on the following dates:
- 4 April – Palmerston North – (Addis House)
- 5 April – Wellington
- 18 April – Auckland
- 19 April – Hamilton
- 27 May – Feedback key themes at Midland Regional Leadership Graduate Hui
Venues to be confirmed
The kaupapa of the hui is to discuss several issues:
- professionalisation of the health promotion workforce.
- the generic public health competencies
- the establishment of an alumni or other appropriate Maori public health association/forum and/or network
- innovative approaches to sharing Maori public health practice
- future workforce needs
The outcomes of the hui is to provide a summary report to the Ministry of Health on the key themes and views of Maori on the:
- scope and/or preferred organisational structure for Maori when professionalising the health promotion workforce
- the role/function of the generic public health competencies for Maori
- the membership and structure of an alumni and/or an other appropriate forum/network for the Maori public health workforce.
Where to from here:
- Signal if you are interested and available to attend which hui as soon as you can (for catering purposes); and
- Circulate to other Maori working or interested in Public Health, Maori members of the Public Health Association and Health Promotion Forum members who identify as Maori, and other Maori public health workers as appropriate.
- If you are not able to attend – are you willing to complete a survey and email back?
Digital Indigenous.com Ltd
P O Box 13081
Phone (07) 858 4940
Mobile (021) 897514
Email: [email protected]